Z&Z IT Pty Ltd (“Z&Z IT”)
Protecting Your Privacy
Z&Z IT is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. Z&Z IT is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that Z&Z IT is required to communicate to its customers. Z&Z IT recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Z&Z IT may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Z&Z IT PIN, username or password. Z&Z IT also holds details of your Z&Z IT services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, Z&Z IT may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Z&Z IT prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Z&Z IT (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Z&Z IT relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Z&Z IT and to advise them that Z&Z IT can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How we collect personal information
Z&Z IT collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through Z&Z IT’s websites (e.g. during www.znzit.com.au registration or trial services);
- from third parties such as Z&Z IT’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- in response to a survey, contest or sweepstakes;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘When Z&Z IT discloses your personal information’;
- from Z&Z IT’s own records of how you use your Z&Z IT services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to Z&Z IT’s current services;
- offer you and provide additional Z&Z IT or related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Z&Z IT’s services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for Z&Z IT to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Z&Z IT’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Z&Z IT can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Z&Z IT does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, Z&Z IT will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Z&Z IT may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Z&Z IT Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Z&Z IT providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out Z&Z IT’s:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Z&Z IT takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Z&Z IT may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- Z&Z IT’s related companies;
- Z&Z IT’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other information technology service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, Z&Z IT may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
Z&Z IT’s web sites
Z&Z IT provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Z&Z IT’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Z&Z IT to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Z&Z IT may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Z&Z IT’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Z&Z IT’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Z&Z IT extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Z&Z IT also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Z&Z IT collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Z&Z IT takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why Z&Z IT recommends that you:
- let Z&Z IT know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep Z&Z IT up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
Z&Z IT Privacy Statement November 2018.